These Vegan breakfast recipes are quick to fix and good for you. Don’t skip out on breakfast just because you are running late. Make extra time in the morning to rev up your metabolism and breath before your busy day starts. Here are a few of our favorite Vegan breakfast recipes.
Hot Wheat Cereal With Gingered Peaches
Yield 4 Servings
Measure Ingredient41/2 cup Water3/4cup Farina wheat cereal11/2 cup Apple juice1 tablespoon Ginger, fresh grated4 Peaches, peel/pit/sliced1/4 cup Raspberry vinegar3 tablespoons Honey1/2 teaspoon Cinnamon, ground12 Blackberries
Prep time: 5 minutes Cook time: 15 minutes
To make the farina: 1. In a medium saucepan over medium-high heat, bring the water to a boil. Stir in the wheat cereal. Reduce heat to low immediately. Simmer, stirring frequently, until thickened, about 10 minutes.
To make the gingered peaches:1. In a small pan over high heat, combine apple juice, ginger and peaches. Bring to a boil, then reduce the heat to low. Simmer until the liquid is reduced by half, about 10 minutes. 2. Add the vinegar, honey and cinnamon. Increase the heat to medium-high, bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low and simmer until the peaches are tender, about 5 mins.3. Divide cereal into 4 bowls. Top each with 1/4 of the gingered peaches and 1/4 of the blackberries.
Nutritional Information: calories 309; total fat 1g (saturated fat 0g); protein 5g; cholesterol 0mg; carbohydrates 72g; sodium 7mg; dietary fiber 4g; calories from fat 2% Recipe from: Cooking for Healthy Living by Jane Fonda
Scrambled Tofu and Vegetables On Polenta
Yield 1 servings
Measure Ingredient Spring or filtered water1 Scallions; thinly sliced (1 to 2)1 Carrot; thin matchsticks1 cup Button mushrooms; thinly sliced, brushed free of dirt, 1 to 2 cups1/2 cup Corn kernels; frozen or fresh Soy sauce1 pounds Extra firm tofu; crumbled5 cups Spring or filtered water1 pinch Sea salt1 cup Fine yellow corn meal
POLENTA1. Heat a deep skillet. Add 2-3 tablespoons of water and add scallions and a splash of soy sauce. Water-saute for 30 seconds. Add carrots, a splash of soy sauce and saute 1 minute. Add mushrooms and corn, a splash of soy sauce and saute for 1-2 minutes.
2. Spread veggies evenly over skillet surface. Top with crumbled tofu, season lightly with soy sauce and add a light sprinkling of water to allow the dish to steam. Cover and simmer for 5-7 minutes. Remove cover and stir to combine ingredients. Soft Polenta Bring water and salt to a rolling boil. Slowly whisk corn meal into boiling water, reduce heat to low and cook, stirring frequently, until mixture thickens and center “heaves,” about 25 minutes. Spoon soft polenta into individual serving bowls and top with scrambled tofu. Serve hot.
From Ellen C. Per serving: 1290 Calories; 42g Fat (28% calories from fat); 88g Protein; 156g Carbohydrate; 0mg Cholesterol; 254mg Sodium Food Exchanges: 8 Starch/Bread; 10 1/2 Lean Meat; 2 1/2 Vegetable; 2 Fat; 1 1/2 Other Carbohydrates Recipe by: Christina Pirello, Cooking the Whole Foods Way Posted to EAT-LF Digest by “Ellen C.” on Jul 15, 1999, converted by MM_Buster v2.0l. Involved vegan breakfast recipes.
Irish Oatmeal – Vegan Breakfast Recipes
Yield 4 Servings
Measure Ingredient4 cups Water1 teaspoon Salt1 cup Steel-cut Oats (Irish Oats)4 teaspoons Brown Sugar
Prep time: 5 minutes Cook time: 30 minutes
1. In a medium saucepan over medium-high heat, combine the water and salt. Bring to a boil. Gradually add the oats, stirring constantly. Reduce the heat to low and simmer. Stir frequently til water is absorbed and oats creamy, about 30 minutes. Easy Vegan breakfast recipes.
2. Divide cooked oats into 4 bowls. Sprinkle 1 teaspoon of brown sugar on each bowl of oats. Serve immediately.
Nutritional Information: calories 181; total fat 3g (saturated fat 0g); protein 7g; cholesteral 0mg; carbohydrates 33g; sodium 554mg; dietary fiber 4g; calories from fat 13% Recipe Source from: Cooking for Healthy Living by Jane Fonda.
Waffles or Pancakes
Yield 1 servings
Measure Ingredient1 Ripe banana, mashed2 cups Water1/2 cup Oatmeal11/2 cup Whole wheat flour2 teaspoons Baking powder1 teaspoon Cinnamon1 teaspoon Nutmeg Vanilla extract to taste opt
1. Mix together the mashed banana and water. Add dry ingredients and mix, leaving lumps in batter.
2. Cook on a waffle iron according to manu’s instructions. Note: You must leave lumps in batter. Waffle or pancake batter which is too smooth will spread out very thin on the waffle iron or pan, and the result will be a rubbyer, tough cake. You can add small berries to the mix if desired. Another favorite amongst the vegan breakfast recipes.
Recipe from Small Household Vegetarian Recipes Index Recipe by ML Grant Posted by Lisa Greenwood Submitted By LISA GREENWOOD On 12-17-95
Cranberry Crunch Smoothie
Yield 4 Servings
Measure Ingredient21/2 cup Cranberry juice cocktail2 tablespoons Lemonade; frozen concentrate1 cup Apple juice2 Bananas1 cup Seedless grapes3/4 cup Grape-Nuts1/4 cup Honey; or to taste
1. Put all ingredients in a blender and puree on medium speed for 1 minute. Pour into tall glasses and serve.
Printed in the Atlanta Journal/Constitution, 7/10/97 >From: Ellen C. Rakes
Per serving: 353 Calories; 1g Fat (2% calories from fat); 4g Protein; 89g Carbohydrate; 0mg Cholesterol; 159mg Sodium =46ood Exchanges: 1 Starch/Bread; 3 Fruit; 1 1/2 Other Carbohydrates NOTES : This sweet and tart elixir was a a favorite among testers, who said it’s a delicious breakfast in a glass.
Recipe by: Great American Shakes, Gabriel Constans Posted to Digest eat-lf.v097.n183 by “Ellen C.” on Jul 20, 97 A favorite amongst the vegan breakfast recipes.
Tofu Scramble anyone….
If you have some great vegan breakfast recipes of your own that you would like to share by publishing them on this site, please Contact Us just by clicking the link!