Definition: Green Cleaning – is a term that has been coined to describe a growing trend in favor of using environmentally-friendly ingredients and chemicals for household, manufacturing and industrial cleaning. Green techniques and Eco Friendly Products avoid the use of chemically-reactive and toxic cleaning products which contain various toxic chemicals, some of which emit volatile organic compounds (VOCs) causing respiratory and dermatological problems among other adverse effects. Sourced from: Wikipedia.
Ummm….UGH! Did I get your attention? Switching to a greener way of living does consist of the products that you use in your household. AND yes, whether you are aware of it or not, chemicals in your home could be making you sick. Here are some interesting facts about what is lurking under your kitchen sink.
Facts About Household Chemicals
1. 50% of our illnesses are due to indoor pollution. Which can be caused from household cleaners or products. According to the EPA.
2. Toilet Bowl Cleaners are very dangerous. In fact, they can be harmful to us by just inhaling the fumes. Swallowing such a cleaner could be fatal.
3. Chlorine Bleach can damage lung tissue.
4. Common household cleaners and appliances give off fumes, which can increase a child’s risk of developing asthma.
I’ll stop with those facts. It has scared me straight into going green with all of my cleaning products. This information will help you on your way to a greener home.
Reuse & Recycle
Reuse and Recycle – “Save Money! & Help Save the Earth!”
“You Want To STOP These Bad Habits, But You Arenâ€™t Sure HOW and WHAT to Recycle” check it out here .
All About Green Cleaning……
1. Chemical Free Cleaners – Great information on how to clean everything from your car to your toilet with non toxic, all natural cleaners.
2. Hazardous Household Chemicals – Products that have shocking harmful chemicals in them. More reasons to go green.
3. Cleaning With Baking Soda – Information on the fantastic cleaning power of baking soda.
4. Doing Laundry With Soap Nuts – An all natural way to clean your clothes. It’s safe, good for the environment, and great for your pocketbook.
5. Shaklee Cleaning Products – Information on the green products that were reviewed and features on Oprah.
6. Green Cleaning Recipes – Fantastic, easy, and cheap recipes for cleaning your house.
7. Cleaning With Vinegar – You will never look at vinegar the same. It cleans your drains, removes laundry stains, hard water stains and you can even use vinegar to clean hardwood floors.
If you have any green cleaning tips of your own, or any questions regarding natural cleaning please Contact Usorwould you like to add a green living article about some aspect of green living you are passionate about.
Frugal Living Tips Frugal Living Tips on how to lead a less wasteful lifestyle without debt, and still to be able to enjoy all the good things that life has to offer.
Sensible House Cleaning Solutions House cleaning may be an unfortunate fact of life, but I want to show you how you can have a clean house, and save time, money, the environment and your health while doing it by reducing your dependence on commercial chemical cleaners.